Friday, August 30, 2013

UP NEXT IN TRAVEL: SCOTLAND

Today marks my 36th birthday. And like in years past, we're gearing up for an end-of-summer trip to celebrate my awesomeness. (I kid, I kid ... No, I don't.) For the past several years we've headed west to the islands of Hawaii for a week of sun, sand, and mai-tais. This year, however, we're changing things up a bit. This time, it's off to a different island: The British Isles, specifically Scotland. The first half of the trip will be spent exploring Edinburgh, while the second half will be spent on Islay drinking our fair share of peaty scotch goodness.





While we're gone, I thought it would be really fun to share some travel stories from some of my favorite people on Twitter, so next week you'll be reading about some of their favorite destinations. For a bit of variety, you'll get a chance for a local's perspective of their hometowns, as well as some far-flung travel destinations from others. Get excited for travel posts about Turkey, Guadalajara, Canada, Florida, and Old Town Alexandria, to name a few. Be kind and show them some love. 

Do dheagh shlĂ inte.